BEST PRACTICES FOR COFFEE BREWING
It’s no secret that good coffee fails without great brewing methods. There are a few basics that all good brewing methods must possess:
- Brewing Water Temperature: 195-205 F
- Clean, filtered Water
- Proper steep time for the grind setting: Coarse Grind = long brew time, Fine Grind = short brew time
- Proper Coffee to Water Ratio: 1 gram of coffee for every 16 ml (or g) of water
- A consistent grind particle size: Use a burr grinder if possible
- Coffee that is not too far off-roast
Having trouble with your brew? Here are some Extraction Symptoms and Solutions:
Tutorials, videos, and brew guides
Check out our more extensive article about brewing at home in our brewing at home blog. It lists out some of the basics of brewing in more detail, and also gives you some newer theories and gear to try for maximizing your home brew.
The beauty of coffee is that it can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be. So, whether you’re looking for simplicity to ease your mind, or looking for something complex to really dive into a new world and hobby, coffee can be that thing for you.